Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Art Attacked!

Three weeks and a rejection later, I have come to another decision:
I AM GOING TO ART SCHOOL!

I've always liked art and have always wanted to take art in high school. Dad didn't approve of it at that time, and by the time he allowed me to change my subjects, it was already too late. Later on, I thought I could take art as an elective in university, but Monash don't offer such unit at the Sunway Campus, so the closest thing I got was Contemporary Film Studies.

Now that I've finished my degree and have unfortunately been unable to find a job for the past three months, it got me thinking. Why not take up an art course?

I was so bored during my whole unemployment period that I made a friend a hoodie card.


I don't mean to brag, but I must say I was rather proud of myself =D
Don't ya think? =P

Since it wouldn't hurt my CV to pick up some mad Photoshop and Illustrator skills, I figured I might as well learn something useful if I still can't get a job by the end of this month. I did a bit of googling for adult art courses and found Claz'room. They offer 1.5 year full-time courses and monthly part-time courses as well. The full-time Illustration course next intake is this coming September and cost less than RM20,000 for the whole thing, inclusive of a free laptop and tablet! Freaking worth it or what?! But of course I don't have that much money =( So unless mum approves, I'll just have to keep looking for a job until I find one =/

However, now that I've found this little gem of a place, I have decided that even if I've gotten a job I'm still going to take up the art course =) They offer part-time courses during weekends, and is way cheaper compared to the full-time one so I'll be able to pay for it myself ^_^

It is a far cry from your usual art school, and I'd actually prefer a more rounded course that includes traditional media, some theories and stuff like photography, multimedia, printing, sculpting etc. But it's hard to come by those in Malaysia. The One Academy came pretty close, but it's too institutional for my need. So let's hope mum approves if I don't get any offers by this month *fingers cross* >_<

2 critiques:

bc September 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM  

u can learn from me. it's FOC =P

C's September 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

haha....come 2 think of it i've neva seen ur artistic side like EVER! lol

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP