Friday, June 4, 2010

心魔 (At the End of Daybreak)


It is an artistic film, an experimental film.
I have to admit I did not fully understand the film when I watched it.
I even found it boring at times.


But after watching the trailer, I understood the film a bit more.
I have also came to the conclusion that the version I've watched was heavily censored.
Thus I'm blaming my lack of understanding on the censorship.

The film won the NETPAC Award at the Locarno International Film Festival 2009.
Kara Hui (惠英红) who plays Tuck Chai's mother won several awards as Best Actress.
Jane Ng Mei Hui (黄明慧) who plays Ying won Best Newcomer in the 4th Asian Film Awards 2010.

A film garnering so many awards, it is hard to believe that it would end up so crappy.
So I have decided to watch the uncensored version of the film.
I shall update this post once I get my hands on the complete original film.
Stay tune~

0 critiques:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP