Friday, November 12, 2010

Food is...

My Life

My Drug

My Downfall


Last Saturday was supposed to be a stay-at-home-to-study-and-nothing-else day, but a call for dinner got me excited ^_^ So off I went to Ong Lai (Goh Kee) Restaurant (旺来 (吴记) 饭档) in KL and ended up hanging out at Fabian and Amy's place till 11pm -_-'' I had more than enough pork lard to kill me that night and all those hours away from the dining table at home means hours away from studying =(

Since Saturday was a total failure, Sunday would definitely have to be D-Day! Alas, there was another call for lunch. I was a little reluctant to go because I really had to study, but ended up going in the end because my brother didn't want to go and mum would probably cancel if I didn't go. So the temptation of food and feeling bad for mum took over self-control >_<


We went to Yi Xiang Bak Kut Teh (益香绑线肉骨茶) since they were talking about it the night before, and was raving about their yam rice and their special tie-string bak kut teh.


I only took pictures after we finished XD So as you can see, their bak kut teh come in small little bowls with an aromatherapy-like heater thing instead of the usual claypot. You order according to what type of meat you want, and the mushrooms, tofu and vegetables count as side dishes. We only ordered the meat because one side dish was ~RM5. It's so not worth it if you compare it to the meat which is ~RM9.


Their rib was quite huge, but there were only like 4-5 pieces of it in one bowl. The other meat's portion was quite small also. The meat was firm though, having a slightly different texture from the usual bak kut teh meat, which I quite like. I think it's because they tie the meat when they cook it so the meat will stay together? *LOL* Their soup is the thick kind so you can't really drink a lot of it and the yam rice was just okay, not really worth paying ~RM2.50 for in my opinion.

It's seriously expensive refined gourmet bak kut teh -_-'' The total bill came to ~RM80 for 6 people. I guess it goes to the blueish gel fuel thing they use to heat the soup and air-conditioning that cools the marble on the chair that freezes your ass. In the end, Amy, Fabian and I came to the conclusion that the cheap Ah Ping Bah Kut Teh (梳邦阿彬肉骨茶) is nicer XD

In case you can't read, it says
"SUPPORTS LEADSAFE FOR A HEALTHIER LIVING"

So it was a full of pork lard dinner and a full of pork meat lunch. Eating out of some leadsafe bowl is so not going to make me any healthier. I'm so on my way to pork hell...I really don't know whether it was all that pork I had or because of the tandoori chicken and butter naan I had for dinner, I got food poisoning that night FML! I was suppose to be catching up on my studies but my stomach hurt so bad I couldn't concentrate T^T and the next morning wasn't any better either =( Urgh! Thankfully my stomach felt better after eating some porridge, and I could finally really study properly.


I now understand why gluttony is a sin.

The Seven Deadly Sins: GLUTTONY by blackberi

They should open rehab centers for food addicts before I become this fat and die *HAHA*


p.s. Does anyone know what happened to the Chinese restaurant at Brickfields? I forgot the name, but they are not there anymore because of the Little India thing. Did they like totally close down or moved somewhere?

0 critiques:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP