Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cuti-Cuti Malaysia: Penang

Took Aeroline up to Penang this time around.


They've totally upgraded since the last time I took them. They now give you a blanket in addition to the small pillow, rice meals and personal in-bus entertainment! It really feels like you're on a plane, and the seats are so much more comfy than your average economy class passenger aircraft =)

I finally got to see Bibi and Ivy again like what?? After 3 years??!


I miss being in high school and being crazy XD



Penang has changed a lot since...
and so have our lives


Welcome to Straits Quay



The place feels so ang moh *LOL*


Other than the cute Charlie Brown decorations, there's really nothing to rave about this place because everything we ordered SUCKS! We didn't try their main course and stuff, but I doubt it'll be any better.


Visited the original T-Bowl Concept Restaurant in Queensbay Mall. All I can say is it's worst than the one in Sunway Pyramid =S The lighting is too dark and the drinks and dessert were sickly sweet...it SUPER SUCKS!


Out of the three concept stores we went to, Clinic Café has the most acceptable food. It's not great but they are definitely better than the other two. It could be due to us only ordering the fried snacks and drinks, so I can't say for the rest of their menu options.

Some things just don't change...
like friendship ♥ and a few other things


Ivy still likes her muscle men =P


Bibi still have her awesome BBQ ^_^


And I'm still me XD


It was really really great to be able to meet up again =)


If only we were complete *sigh* =(


Anyway...let's move on with the post...


Got to see Bibi's super cute nephews ^_^
Aren't they a bit Chinese-looking? *LOL*

Sorry David, I forgot to take picture of you =P

Managed to meet up with Boon Hoe and David as well =)
Thanks Boon Hoe for driving us around and bringing us go makan ^_^


Mee mamak at Bangkok Lane. It's a bit wet for my liking but the taste is not bad, and I really like how they added small pieces of cuttlefish inside for texture. There's however one thing with this place though, their service attitude is really TERRIBLE. It took them half an hour to get our order done just because we ordered one large plate to share amongst the three of us. The worst thing was they came to our table to confirm our order 3-4 times when Boon Hoe already went to order at the stall before we even sat down. Just because you serve good food doesn't mean you can bully your customers! >_<


Went to Viva Local Food Haven (东城饮食中心) for some good old hawker food. I finally got my fried oyster *wee~* ^_^ The oysters as you can see in the picture is quite huge compared to the usual ones you get in KL or even Gurney Drive, and it was relatively cheaper too =) We ordered grilled stingray as well, which was really good especially with the additional sauce YUM! But I only remembered I've forgotten to take a picture when the fish was half demolished, so I didn't bothered XD Didn't really like the 卤面 (loh mee) Boon Hoe got because there's one kind of taste to it, and I forgot what David ordered because it was nothing special *haha*


That wraps up the end of my Cuti-Cuti Malaysia to Penang.
Stay tuned for Cuti-Cuti Malaysia Sarawak and Ipoh =D


Most photos taken from Bibi's camera

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP