Saturday, January 23, 2010

Citizen Girl and Party Princess


I didn't really enjoy the book because it was sort of confusing. The authors used a lot of lingo that was native to your typical New York City girl, which I am not, so I basically skipped most of the Italian/French sounding words, especially those that starts with capital letters. I admit I'm SO not a city girl >_< not even by KL standard ok!

The only thing I liked about the book is the fact that the authors named the main NPO agency in the book Magdalene. The agency helps illegally trafficked prostitute slaves by finding them decent jobs etc. It was a very nice touch and really brought out the feminist issues the authors were trying to convey.


This book caters to younger readers but I liked it better than Citizen Girl; maybe I'm not as mature as I think I am =(

I loved how Cabot incorporated both psychology and economics into the story. Carl Jung and the demand and supply theory can really go well together *haha* I also loved how snippets of celebrity gossip gets wedged in here and there along with smaller doses of world facts and information.

The princessy stuff was just enough to bring out the girlishness in me without making me puke. I even re-watched The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement and would have watched The Princess Diaries as well if I had the DVD ♥

0 critiques:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP