Thursday, March 24, 2011

Umami Steamboat (甜味火锅放题)

It's very seldom and rare that the full set of OMEs get to gather. This time around we even got two new members to join us — Tze Mien who came back from the land down under and Sandy the exchange student from the land down there too XD


We had our first OMEs outing of the semester at Umami Steamboat (甜味火锅放题). I find the place quite okay as they have a rather wide variety of shellfish and enough variety of seafood, which was basically the only stuff I ate other than all the different mushrooms and a few other stuff *LOL* I especially love the scallops ♥ They have pretty nice beef and lamb too, though I find them a bit reluctant when it comes to giving it out, so if you are a big meat eater I'd recommend Chong Qing Steamboat Buffet (重庆麻辣自助生锅). They have a BBQ and grill outside as well, but the variety is lesser than 口味锅 Tasty Pot Restaurant (which has nice BBQ lamb and bad everything else -_-'') and only the satay was nice. It tasted sweet (the sweetness is different from the usual satay sweetness) and the meat was tender. One important piece of information: DO NOT GET THEIR CHICKEN WING! They probably have the worst chicken wing I've ever tasted. It was super dry and just *blargh*


If you are a fan of all those usual fish ball and steamboat-whatnots, they have a pretty large variety of those. Sandy was so amazed by all the colorful stuff she almost couldn't bare to eat them *LOL*


We got the tom yum and chicken soup base for our steamboat. The chicken soup one is just okay, but I really like the tom yum one as it wasn't too sour or spicy that you can keep drinking it *hehe* ^_^ They also have a D-I-Y 沙茶酱 (shacha sauce) station that I find pretty cool. I've never tried 沙茶 before and actually don't know what it is, so I just simply mixed a few of the ingredients together. I don't know whether what I made was really 沙茶酱, but it was really yummy *hehe* =P


Unlike most steamboat places at Sunway Mentari, they don't have round tables at Umami. We had to merge two separate tables together and had two different pots. I was actually quite glad we had two different pots since those at the other table just threw everything and absolutely anything into their pot till it resembled a mess of something I can't even begin to describe =S



They also stopped eating while we were just about halfway through and started camwhoring =_=


After dinner, it was of course time for dessert! Their ice cream was really nice. It didn't taste like the cheap ice creams you usually get for buffet, and they were colorful! *hehe* ^_^ When our tummies started to ache from too much food, we played Truth with the chopsticks and laughed till our tummies ached even more XD It was really good to finally have all the OMEs together again =)

All pictures courtesy of Tze Mien =)

0 critiques:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP