Saturday, July 17, 2010

Family Gathering at Grand Imperial Restaurant

A few of my aunts came over to KL during the holidays, even my aunt from Singapore came over to celebrate my nephew Jayden's 1st birthday.


It's usually difficult to get so many of them together at one time in the same place (mum has 7 sisters and 3 brothers!), so one of my cousin decided to organized dinner at the Grand Imperial Restaurant at The USJ 19 City Mall (a.k.a Digital Mall). I only found out about the dinner last minute when I arrived in KL from the Sungai Lembing trip. I was actually really exhausted from the trip, but I went along anyway to not be a party-pooper >_< Since I arrived early, I ended up wondering around the deserted mall for like half an hour like a lost child before the others arrived *LOL*


We had a not-so-private room (because they kept leaving the door open -_-'') with two tables and karaoke =D All the aunties were surprisingly sporting that day by singing a few newer songs instead of their usual oldies XD


This was the first dish.
Sweet and sour pork rib with some dried sour plum pieces on top.


They served the crispy chicken skin with some meat and potato chips =S
The chicken salad's taste wasn't strong enough.
And the crispy-noodle-bowl wasn't crispy enough.


I don't know what fish it was.
But I'm assuming it was some river fish because it had that dirt taste.
*bluek*


This was by far my favorite out of all the dishes.
It was the scales from the fish XD
They deep fried it with some chili and stuff.
It was like eating junk food more than anything *hehe*

The rest of the food was really normal and not worth mentioning so I didn't bother taking pictures. Their tofu with spinach or whatever didn't resemble the fish pieces like they were suppose to, so no pictures of that either >_< Overall, the food was only so so. It wasn't worth the price we had to pay.


On a side note...

picture by cousin Ivie

I was rated as one of the ugliest out of my cousins who were there (some not in the photo) by one of my nephew. As if it couldn't get any worse, mum was rated the prettiest out of the aunts who were there that day. Talk about getting the recessive gene man -_-'' FML!

2 critiques:

TOLANIC July 23, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

I just back from this shopping mall. =)

Kevin July 24, 2010 at 2:27 AM  

Crispy chicken skin with meat and potato chips look sooooooo yummy.. *hungry*

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP