Monday, September 13, 2010

Talentime


I finally got to watch Talentime, another one of Yasmin Ahmad's movies. I actually skipped my Cognitive & Social Psychology lecture last Tuesday so I can watch the movie =P It was TOTALLY WORTH IT! It wasn't like I was going to learn anything useful in Dr. Tam's class anyway -_-''

Judging from the trailers shown on TV, I've always thought that Talentime was some sort of a comedy. Who knew it would turn out to be about love and death, or that was what I thought anyway. The movie had a morbid tinge to it. I guess with Melur's poems and the deaths, it is hard not to feel the morbidity of it all.

Despite all the darkness and despair, the movie managed to really touch me deep inside. Mukhsin had previously squeeze one tear out of me, but Talentime was totally another different story. I tried to hold back the tears but they just kept coming, so I gave up and let them fall. Thank god the lecture theatre was really dark, but I think the few people who were there all knew I was crying. Evelyn was totally making fun of me after the movie -_-'' Funny how I reacted so emotionally to a movie I couldn't understand much because half of it was in Tamil/Hindi and there were no subtitles. Maybe it reminded me of daddy. It made me miss him. Is it normal to still miss him? Or should he just be remembered but not missed? I really don't know the answers to those questions, but I guess I still miss him subconsciously all the time. The emotions just like to present itself during touching movies. I never used to cry during movies, and I don't really like the fact that I will now sometime cry, but I guess it is a good way of releasing my bottled up emotions.



The part where Melur couldn't sing started it all, but this part was the one that kept it going T^T



Love how this song managed to evoke so many different kinds of feelings in different context.



Here's something cheerier to end the post =)


p.s. I was in the same high school as Mahesh and didn't even know he acted in the movie till Davina told me about it XD

1 critiques:

IyouweBlog.com September 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

i wanna watch it..... haiz, no time ywt..wait till my sem break!

nanged u. nang mine if u would like to knw wat's the backbone of a blogger.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP